Let me start by saying, I am quite a heavy runner (82kg/12 st 9) and I usually run with cushioned shoes and an insole.
The Boost is a shoe that has provoked a lot of discussion, both for the new (energy-returning) midsole that is lighter and more reactive than traditional EVA, and because certain reviews sustain that they make you run faster (we’re talking about a gain of about 15 sec a km for paces of around 5min/Km.
I have run about 250 miles in them (between training and races, in particular half marathons) and I can say that:
- They are very comfortable, the fit is much better than any other neutral or cushioned shoe that I have tried in the past.
- Compared to the cushioned shoes that I normally use for mid or long distance training (Asics Nimbus 14), when it is very cold (between 2 and 5 degrees) the Boost remain flexible in the footstrike and don’t stiffen excessively.
- I don’t believe that they make you run faster (the placebo effect?) even if I admit that I ran my personal best in the half marathon (on this point you have to carry out a serious study and compare with other shoes with the same external conditions and effort)
- The life span is a little inferior to other shoes (after 185 miles you notice a slight loss of reactivity)
- They should be used with caution. In my case, after a while I really took to them and started to use them for almost every session, until I started to feel a few niggles. I can’t say for certain if this was related to the shoes, but to be safe, now I use them only for faster training sessions and races.
Bottom line: A good shoe, to be used with caution if your biomechanics aren’t perfect and you weigh more than 75kg.
Overall score 4/5
Thanks for taking to time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and adore finding out additional on this topic. If feasible, as you acquire expertise, would you thoughts updating your blog with much more details? It is extremely useful for me.
Thank you very much for publishing this kind of article. I like your article very much. I want to share my website details with you please give me some information to increase performance like as your website.